Friday 11 January 2013

No sew, 15 minute make

After making my last project, I had a lot of spare fabric left over. I was left with the top half of the dress, as well as the flower embellishment. So I decided on a quick, simple project which yielded fast results.

The only things required were:


Some strips of fabric, one of the flowers (which saves two for a future project, yay!), cardboard (not pictured), strong glue and a dissused headband that I had lying around; I had brought it when I had long hair to keep my hair out of my face when applying make-up and no longer have a use for it.

Step one:- I covered the headband in glue:


Step Two:- after waiting a few minutes for the glue to go tacky, I wraped the fabric strips around the full length of the headband (not pictured).

I then left it a few more minutes for the glue to dry properly and I was left with this:


Which is all well and good, but there was this bit in the middle where the two strips of fabric met that I simply wasn't happy with, and, to be frank, the whole of the underside was a little too untidy for my liking:


So, the solution was this:



I pressed some cardbaord onto the inside of the headband and drew along the edge, When cutting it out I cut a little inside of the lines to ensure a snug fit. It was then simply a case of glueing the cardbaord to the inside of the band, and to finish off, I glued on the flower. The finished product was this:


I think it's super cute and, of course, it matches perfectly with my new skirt.


Total cost: £0.00
Total time spent: 15 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment